Learn more about us and our breeding program.
Here at Dacus Doodles we raise Multigenerational Goldendoodles. Our doodles are standards size 50+lbs. We do not have minis.
Family raised Golden Doodle puppies means you get a socialized puppy raised by us. We are located northwest of Houston in Montgomery. We are in love with these allergy friendly, non-shedding, and highly intelligent dogs make the perfect family pet! Each puppy lives as a member of our family, sharing in our main living areas. We are not a kennel! All of our puppies are pampered and loved.
Starting from the time they are 3 days old, daily to do's begin. This involves ENS - Early Neurological Stimulation and Early Scent Introduction - ESI from days 3-16, emotional resilience exercises, daily socialization tasks, working on potty and crate training and so much more!
Our puppies are properly socialized by the whole family and are familiar with the normal sights and sounds of everyday life. We begin basic training with our dogs before they leave for their new forever homes.
We do temperament testing when the puppies are 7 weeks old. This is to help guide you in suggesting which puppies would be considered to have the best odds of meshing with your family’s activity level, desires, and needs. While the overall temperament of doodles is lovely, this helps you have more insight into selecting your future family member, whether your puppy is going to be a family companion or a potential therapy, emotion support, or service animal.
All of our mom and dads are genetically clear and health tested. You may see more about our health requirements on GANA's website under the blue ribbon section.
F1 = Golden Retriever x Poodle
F1B = F1 Goldendoodle x Poodle or F1 Goldendoodle x Golden Retriever
F2 = F1 Goldendoodle x F1 Goldendoodle
Multigen = Two Goldendoodle parents – One parent has to be an F1B or multigen. A Poodle or a Golden Retriever bred to a multigen Goldendoodle also constitutes a multigen.
24 Month Health Guarantee
- We guarantee the puppy is in good health, is up to date on immunizations appropriate for the puppy’s age and has had appropriate de-worming at the time the Buyer takes possession. The Buyer has three (3) days to take the puppy to a veterinarian for an examination. If the puppy is found to be in poor health, the Buyer has the option of returning the puppy to Tammy, at Buyer’s expense for a full refund (minus any shipping expenses) or keeping the puppy. If the puppy is not taken to a licensed veterinarian within the three business days of receiving the puppy, the Health Warranty is void. Our puppy parents have all been tested and cleared for genetic diseases, cardiac, orthopedic and ophthalmic abnormalities before entering our breeding program.
- Dacus Doodles provides this warranty for 24 months after the date of sale against any debilitating congenital defects parent dogs have been tested for. In the event the puppy exhibits symptoms of a suspected debilitating congenital defect; the Buyer must supply any requested veterinary records to the Seller
- This warranty does not include viral illnesses, infections, improper bites, hypoglycemia, worms, Guardia or Coccidosis. It also does not include any illness due to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, chemicals or physical injury.
- If it is determined the puppy does have a life threatening genetic disorder that is identified within 24 months of purchase, the Buyer has the option of (1) either a replacement puppy from the next available litter of equal value Or (2) reimbursement (up to the purchase price of the original puppy) of veterinary expenses related to that illness. Your puppy may need to be returned to us. Shipping fees will not be refunded, and if it becomes necessary to ship a replacement puppy, those fees are to be paid by the Buyer.
- If the puppy should die from a suspected congenital defect within the 24 months of its date of purchase, an autopsy must be performed at the purchaser’s expense by a veterinary teaching hospital or state licensed DVM acceptable to sellers’ own veterinarian. If the autopsy shows a congenital defect as the reason or the death, the Seller will provide another puppy of equal value to the purchaser. A written statement from the veterinarian must be provided. This warranty is void in the event of an indeterminable or inconclusive diagnosis.
- If at any point of time the family feels the need that they may have to re-home the puppy that the seller/breeder be in contact first and assists family in the re-homing process.
- The Buyer agrees that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should the Buyer ever surrender the Goldendoodle to an animal shelter or rescue. If the Buyer should ever find themselves in a situation where the Goldendoodle cannot be kept, and a suitable, loving home cannot be found, the Seller asks that the Buyer contact the Seller for help. If necessary, the Seller will gladly provide a loving home for the Goldendoodle until the pet can be placed elsewhere and will help with transportation if necessary.
Important Information about Dog Coat Colors and Patterns - Accredited Breeder, Goldendoodle Association of North America.
Color or pattern can often be the first thing we notice about a dog. They are absolutely eye-catching and beautiful.
However, color should be one of the least important things to consider when looking for a new fur friend.
While we understand that everyone has certain aesthetic preference, breeding for specific colors as a primary goal can be a highly dangerous breeding practice.
If a breeder is only breeding for color it could cause them to over look more important qualities, such as genetic health, temperament, and structure.
The genetic pool for dogs is limited. It is very difficult to find dogs that meet important, ethical breeding requirements (health, temperament, structure) that are ALSO great producers of desired colors and patterns.
It can and does happen, but it's an added bonus, it is not a primary goal for a ethical breeder. We do not breed for color (or size) as a primary goal.
We do try to meet the aesthetic preferences of our families whenever possible, but will not sacrifice the quality and health of our dogs for fashion. Dacus Doodles does not charge extra when we happen to have popular color or pattern, as the value of our puppies is in their temperament, health, structure, and the work we do to raise them. These puppies become part of our family and we want what is best for them.
When possible and when all other things are equal, we will choose popular colors and sizes, but we will NEVER make that selection over our main goals of health, structure, and temperament.
Puppies are living, breathing individuals, not a car you can have custom ordered to impress your neighbors.
All this being said if you absolutely must have the latest and greatest in color or pattern above all other concerns, please look for a different breeder.
If you have questions or want to fill out a puppy application click here to contact us.